Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eleventh day of volunteering

I arrived at REACH at 2:45pm with just a couple of the kindergarten kids there. As 2:50 approached more and more kids started arriving, first the special ed kids, then the rest of them. Homework time immediately started and just like yesterday I had to help a lot of the kids with their math problems. It took about 45 minutes for everyone to finish, and then it was play time. Some of the kids and I played knock out(which I never won in). But it was also hard to deal with kids that didn't want to play with each other. I just wanted them to be mature about situations, but of course only being in elementary school, I should not expect that at all. After play time was snack time. The kids would not listen at all and were constantly talking. The activity after snack time was an Easter Egg Hunt. Most of the kids found them, but some couldn't so we had to help find the left overs. They all seemed to enjoy it, and after the hunt was just more free time. I felt tired from the basketball games earlier so I just decided to supervise from the playground. Then after playtime, it was around 5:30pm and I started to clean up the entire room, and as soon as most of the kids left I cleaned the tables with bleach. It was a good yet tiring day, my mentor Ms. Jackie was there as well. I signed out of REACH at 6:05pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment