Topic-Special Education
Mentor- Jaclyn Trasmer
Organization- Parca REACH Program
http://www.parca.org/REACH.html
Friday, April 22, 2011
Ninth day of volunteering
So today was my school's first day of Spring Break which allowed me to spend a lot more time than usual at Parca REACH. I arrived at 1pm at Crestmoor, and the kids were watching Hairspray. As soon as I entered the kids instantly bombarded me with requests such as playing a game I made up with them. Ms. Lynn and Ms. Stefani were there, and Ms. Jackie, my mentor, would arrive at 2:30. This little girl and I worked on a 1000 piece puzzle which never got close to finished. At 3pm we had play time, which was very tiring because I went from playing tag to playing basketball to tennis. Ms. Jackie and I were talking and she helped me pick the topic for my research paper, I mean of course I knew I was going to do something in regards to Special Education. Her suggestion was to do a paper regarding the integrated programs which do help and which I currently am volunteering for. I left the school around 6pm making the total 5 hours for today. I only have a couple days of volunteering left, and I will miss the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment