Topic-Special Education
Mentor- Jaclyn Trasmer
Organization- Parca REACH Program
http://www.parca.org/REACH.html
Friday, April 29, 2011
Last day of Volunteering
I arrived at Parca REACH at 2:58pm and a lot of the kids were already sitting on the ground. Although it was my last day, I didn't want to say it because it was also Ms. Steffani's last day. I also promised my mentor I'd visit whenever I can. I'd miss the kids a lot. I saw that Chrystal was there, and it was surprising. We've never volunteered at the same time. Well anyways, it was play time since it was Friday and the kids didn't have to do their homework. I played soccer with the kids and also just played in the playground. Snack time was actually less stressing because less kids were there, and then after they all wanted to play kickball. It was hard for all the kids to get along, and I also had to play on one team. It was fun, but the end score was 20-7. I was on the losing team, but of course I didn't really care while the other kids were upset. I will definitely miss the kids. I enjoyed how the kids helped the special ed kids when it was their turn to kick. I also had to help a boy and try to run with him to first base. We went in at 5:30 and Ms. Jackie, a kid, and I played Texas Hold'em. Then at the end I just mopped the entire room. I left around 6pm making it around 3 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment